House Speaker Nancy Pelosi accuses President Trump of interfering in the sentencing of Roger Stone and called for an investigation into the Department of Justice
- Nancy Pelosi is calling for investigation into the sentencing of Roger Stone.
- She is accusing President Trump of interfering in the law via tweets.
- Roger Stone was convicted for 9 years for seven accounts of obstructing and lying to congress and witness tampering.
- These charges stem from his attempts to get information via Wikileaks to aid the Trump campaign.
- President Trump tweeted negatively about the decision, and the people involved in making that decision.
- The Department of Justice then appealed to reduce the sentence they had previously given Stone.
- 4 prosecutors quit after this incident.
- Now Democrats are calling for an investigation into the Department of Justice.