Trump Now Asks Both China and Ukraine To Probe Bidens
• President Trump, on Thursday speaking to the reporters, asked both China and Ukraine to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden.
• “Likewise, China should start an investigation into the Bidens, because what happened in China is just about as bad as what happened with Ukraine,” he said. Trump alleges that Biden’s son used a trip aboard Air Force Two to secure $1.5 billion from China for a private-equity fund.
• Trump’s comment came on the eve of restarted trade negotiations with China. A Chinese delegation is scheduled to arrive in the US next week for the trade negotiations.
• When asked if Trump had spoken to Chinese President Xi Jinping about it, Trump said “I haven’t, but it’s certainly something we can start thinking about.”
• On Wednesday, Mr. Biden accused Trump of using his power as president to harass him and his family. Biden said as vice president he only performed his duties and carried US policy of rooting out corruption in Ukraine.
• Trump is already facing an impeachment inquiry based on the whistleblower complaint about his phone call with Ukrainian President. In the call, Trump is asking Ukrainian President to investigate Biden and his son. Trump alleges that Joe Biden as vice president pressured Ukraine to fire a prosecutor, who would investigate the company where Biden’s son was employed.
• Trump’s decision to withheld hundreds of millions of dollars in military aid to Ukraine is also questioned by Democrats.