• On Wednesday, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo admitted that he was on the controversial July phone call between President Donald Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.
• "I was on the phone call," Pompeo told reporters at a news conference in Rome. Pompeo, however, did not answer when asked if Trump’s conversation with Ukrainian President raised any red flags for him.
• Pompeo’s remark is the first time when the top US diplomat has acknowledged the call between Trump and Zelensky. Prior to this, Pompeo has been avoiding questions related to Trump-Zelensky phone call.
• Previously, the Wall Street Journal reported that Pompeo was on the call with Trump and Zelensky, where Trump asked Zelensky to investigate Biden.
• Last week, the House Intelligence, Foreign Affairs and Oversight committees subpoenaed Pompeo for failing to come up with relevant documents related to Ukraine.
• Yesterday, Pompeo also confronted House Democrats, who are demanding the deposition of five State Department employees as part of the impeachment inquiry.
Am I going crazy? Or are we being gaslighted by Trump & Co? I thought that sort of manipulation tactic was reserved for romantic relationships, but I was mistaken. I was certainly not the only one watching when Pompeo claimed—on video for that matter—that he had NO knowledge of the phone call. He literally dished out an elaborate lie about just receiving the transcript, not having the opportunity to read it, yada yada.
That’s it right there, folks. Surprise! Each person near Trump shares similar traits. Not sure where in the DSM-5 we should be looking anymore. It’s a cross between narcissism, sociopathy, and histrionic personality disorder. Didn’t realize it was contagious. All of these people who are supposed to protect our country and serve US, yes, those with their greedy hands smearing our taxpayer dollars all over nonsense initiatives. I want my money back! Where’s the warranty? Where’s accountability? Where are the rules that apply to all of us in our daily lives? What makes them above it?
And what Pompeo & Co don’t seem to realize is that the Trump aftermath isn’t going to be glorious. His reputation will be forever stained by his association with this absolutely abhorrent administration. 2020 can’t come soon enough.
Well, let’s see. Pompeo is…..not just a random person. He’s the Secretary of State. Of course he participates in calls with foreign leaders. Pretty sure that’s somewhere in a list of bullet points describing his job. Not sure why this is seen as a major break in the Trump-Ukraine story.
And though you do point out that he said something else before, can you blame the guy? The call put him under a lot of duress and it is better to err on the side of caution than to throw a bone before you understand what sort of bone you’re throwing. And…well….seems to be nothing newsworthy. Nor impeachable.
This is hardly a scandal, and it’s frankly frustrating to see that this isn’t clear to everyone. This whole phone call “chaos” is not sticking around as long as the whole Mueller ordeal. Wonder what trick the Dems will pull out of their hat next.
However, I think it's a bit far fetched to try and diagnose members of the US government with some kind of mental illness cluster en masse. We can do better than that.
Yawn. Another day, another “development.” What’s on the menu…something regarding Pompeo you say? Oh? What about it?
He was present during the Trump-Zelensky call.
“NO WAY?!”— No one ever.
He’s one of Trump’s closest aides, of course he was present during the phone call. What difference does it make? Even if, with a heavy emphasis on if, Trump’s phone call is somehow the reason why he gets impeached, Pompeo still didn’t do anything wrong.
Considering this entire debacle has been a liberal hoax from the get go, the call is hardly impeachable as is. Pompeo being or not being there does nothing to strengthen or weaken the case for the Dems. It’s sad to watch everyone gloat when someone stumbles on their words. Pompeo did say he wasn’t there for the phone call, likely because his first priority is with the president, and likely hadn’t had a chance to speak with him yet about the matter. It’s worse to talk out of turn, so though he could’ve used more tact, he did what he thought was right in the moment.
But sure, keep on putting up the good fight Dems, wonder what kind of shocking revelation we’ll have on our hands next..