Pompeo Admits Being “on the phone call' With Trump and Ukrainian President
• On Wednesday, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo admitted that he was on the controversial July phone call between President Donald Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.
• "I was on the phone call," Pompeo told reporters at a news conference in Rome. Pompeo, however, did not answer when asked if Trump’s conversation with Ukrainian President raised any red flags for him.
• Pompeo’s remark is the first time when the top US diplomat has acknowledged the call between Trump and Zelensky. Prior to this, Pompeo has been avoiding questions related to Trump-Zelensky phone call.
• Previously, the Wall Street Journal reported that Pompeo was on the call with Trump and Zelensky, where Trump asked Zelensky to investigate Biden.
• Last week, the House Intelligence, Foreign Affairs and Oversight committees subpoenaed Pompeo for failing to come up with relevant documents related to Ukraine.
• Yesterday, Pompeo also confronted House Democrats, who are demanding the deposition of five State Department employees as part of the impeachment inquiry.